I found this wall poster and somehow felt attracted to it hahaha, it’s so weird and so random. A bunch of fans. We’re trying to find some cool odd posters and frames for our lime stone walls but it seems like you need to stumble across these kind of artsy things…it’s not something you go and look for, you know what I mean? They sort of need to come to you!. I rarely like wall art, which is a shame because I would love to fall for all kinds of prints and designs, just to fill up the walls, but I become really fussy and end up with nothing.
I would love ideas on where to find some vintage artsy stuff…posters mainly and then the frames are easy to find.
Ginger tea is one of my favourite hot drinks – boiling water, honey and chopped pieces of fresh ginger. So easy, healthy and tasty.
Check out this link if you want to read more about the health benefits of ginger
This is such a moorish snack! For me, being lactose intolerant, it’s such a treat being able to eat what I call normal cheese. Any cheese aged/matured over 3 months is supposed to be ‘safe’ for us who cannot enjoy certain cheeses. So for example parmesan, pecorino etc is all good! The one below is 9 months mature, so I can eat it without any trouble and it works great when grated over food in the oven too…
I love Swedish magz especially these two; Elle Decoration and Femina, and since I can’t buy them on a regular basis it’s nice being treated to a bunch once in a while. Jonas just got back from a work trip, so magazines, Swedish candy and a body lotion from Björk&Berries! #happiness
This is one of my old EVE articles which I instinctively went back to today as I really need some advise on how to sleep better. All I really need is a reminder of things that help…some basic ideas. So, here are some of my own
“I’ve realised I’m blessed in this department because as soon as I hit the pillow I sleep, and wake up rested, but I’ve also experienced sleepless nights which drove me insane, and it got me thinking of the importance of a good nights sleep.Here are some ideas, whether you have serious trouble sleeping or just want to make use of the night, as part of a healthy lifestyle. They are all well known, but just like people need a constant reminder to drink plenty of water every day, to keep their body and skin hydrated, this is simply a push in the right direction.
- Start by looking at your day- if you are stressed or worried it will cause tension which makes it hard for the body to relax and fall asleep. Work-related thoughts need to take a step back until the next day, as there is nothing you can do about them in that moment, worrying about someone or something will only seem bigger the day after if you are not rested. Tell yourself you need to be re-charged in order to face whatever troubles you may have. Picture yourself in a more stress-free environment and work towards finding a balance.
- Spend as much time as you can outside in daylight,take a break from computers and office light whenever you can, or let in natural light, this will make you naturally tired as oppose to staring-into-a-screen- tired’
- Prepare your bedroom for a good nights sleep –clean sheets, cool temperature, dark and free from noise. Invest in a proper pillow and mattress if they are causing you to feel stiff and tensed when waking up.
- Find a ritual before going to bed- take a warm bath or shower using relaxing bath oils, light a aromatherapy candle, listen to calming music, read a book or magazine or listen to audio-books or relaxing talk on CD. Using a sleep mask also helps to remove any light.
Avoid- alcohol or drinks containing caffeine just before sleep, time in front of the computer or TV (or any screen) and smoking.
I haven’t slept properly for the past couple of weeks and I want to blame the puppy, but it’s not really him….it’s just that stress or anxiety does that to you, give you that little bit of insomnia, just enough to make you feel tired during the day. Maybe I slept enough, I don’t know, but I know for sure I keep tossing and turning for a looong time. Like I said, it’s not really Massimo because he’s good at night, but I keep thinking I can hear him crying or whining but everytime I hear something, it’s either a passing car or people outside in the street. It’s just a bit of getting used to I suppose. But anyway, I got up, made some coffee and it was actually kind of cosy.
After summer I tend to feel a bit gloomy and sleepy, even though Malta is still sunny and with a temp of 28+, but it’s just something that seems to happen as soon as the days turn slightly darker and it’s actually dark when I wake up in the morning. But there are remedies like green teas, uplifting music and cleansing facials plus the little pill in the box – I like to scan the shelves at Holland & Barrett; they have so much to chose from and there’s usually something that says ‘oh yes this is just what I need right now’
So – this seems to be what I need at this point:
Holland & Barrett’s Ultra Woman is a comprehensive multivitamin and mineral supplement.
The synergistic blend of essential nutrients provides nutritional support for women, in a convenient one-a-day coated caplet.
- Calcium and Vitamin D are needed for the maintenance of normal bones and muscle function
- Copper contributes to normal hair and skin pigmentation, the maintenance of normal connective tissues and iron transport in the body
- B vitamins contribute to normal energy yielding metabolism and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, with Vitamin B6 specifically contributing to the regulation of hormonal activity
- Iron contributes to the normal formation of red blood cells and haemoglobin
- Selenium contributes to normal thyroid function
- Zinc contributes to normal fertility and reproduction as well as the maintenance of normal hair, skin and nails
This is our new ‘little’ puppy Massimo. He’s such a cutie and a very good boy. Except when he is really hungry or really needs to go outside for #1 or #2, then that pretty face turns into a little monster who wants to destroy everything but thankfully he’s got good manners and stops when you tell him off. For now we’re staying inside until we’re done with vaccins and yes, it gets a bit boring so I can’t wait for Saturday to come so we can start going for short walks. He doesn’t seem to mind though haha, he’s more than happy in the house and sure, he sleeps a lot but he’s also very good at entertaining himself with toys and another favourite is chasing ants