21 days to change a habit
Every morning, before actually getting up, I listen for 10 minutes to positive affirmations. If you keep doing it every day, priming your subconscious, they will eventually start to feel real. Give it at least 21 days, and I promise you, you will begin to feel different. If you lack confidence, or you tend to feel anxious or insecure, you simply choose affirmations that align with what you wish to change or improve and get started.
I wake up when the alarm goes off, I grab my phone and headphones and start my saved YouTube affirmations video. Always the same audio/video so that it sinks in.
Now I got used to it, and the other day I had a moment of thinking I won’t manage this thing (whatever it was), but in that very same moment, a voice in the back of my head said; Yes you can, because you’re strong. I almost started laughing, thinking I’ve brainwashed myself through these affirmations enough to truly believe in them, and it came out in such a natural way I actually felt strong. Well good, because that was the plan 🙂
Here are some beautiful reasons for adding this to your daily routine:
- Affirmations have been shown to help with the tendency to linger on negative experiences.
- Reduction in negativity.
- Self-affirmations have been shown to decrease health-deteriorating stress.
- Through affirmations and other alternative approaches like positive thinking, we have the power to transform our lives and health.
- You will be able to keep things in perspective and not over-analyze things.
- Daily affirmations keep you in a constant state of gratitude.
- It helps to build up confidence.
- Using positive affirmations eliminates negative self-talk and brings on a feeling of happiness and joyful emotions.