Next month we are once again going to Rome for a couple of days, and packing for a weekend trip is always a head-scratcher. You stand there, suitcase open, and no idea what or how to pack. Every time.
I honestly have this issue every place and every time I go, so I googled my way to some ideas. I’ve put together a list of what I thought of as good tips (also based on my own experience :))
- Pack by Outfit. Sounds obvious, but this is something I actually thought of doing lately, and it is helpful. If you pick a top, make sure you can picture the full outfit to go with it; pants, shoes, bag and accessories. If you can’t pack the full outfit – don’t pack the top. Keep your itinerary in mind, and plan your outfits according to what you will be doing (and of course, check the weather forecast).
- Lay everything out on the bed. Create a moodboard of every outfit, before putting it all in the luggage. That way you can create a better picture of what actually seem like a pointless item or what is missing.
- Shoes. This is where I often fail. I tend to pack too many heels or shoes that are generally not very suitable for a full day of walking (like light, pointy ballerinas). Thankfully, finding trendy and comfortable sneakers and dressy sandals is not very hard nowadays. They go with pretty much everything (jeans, leggings, skirts, dresses), they are kind to your feet, and can easily be worn with an evening dinner outfit.
- Toiletry bag. Stick to the same rule as with the outfits; list your morning and evening skincare routine and stick to those products only. For someone like myself, having a million creams and whatnot in my bathroom, this part is often time consuming. If possible, go for travel size bottles when it comes to haircare and body care, and if you can replace any of your skincare products with samples, pack those instead of the full size. I save every sample I get for travel purposes :). Make sure you also leave some space for a small ‘Emergency Kit’ such as Panadols, plasters (in case the new sneaks are misbehaving), eye drops and antihistamines.
- Throw in some empty plastic bags too, so that separating your laundry from clean clothes is easy.
Once everything is packed, add some Drier Sheets between your stuff, that way everything will smell fresh 🙂
- Additional check-list would include: mobile charger, laptop+charger, sunglasses, extra lenses/contact solution (something I tend to forget), adapter plug, toothpaste, travel pillow, meds/vitamins.
What is Chaga mushroom and what are the benefits?
Chaga is a fungus which can be found growing on birch trees in cold climates such as Northern Europe, Siberia, Russia, Korea, Northern Canada and Alaska.
It has actually been used for centuries in some of the above mentioned countries. Mainly to boost immunity and treat diabetes, prevent chronic inflammation, fight cancer and generally improve overall health.
Nowadays we have become even more familiar with this rather unattractive charcoal-looking piece, and although there are still things to find out about its healing health benefits, we can enjoy it in the form of a fine powder; either as a nice cup of tea, or as a capsuled supplement, with a taste similar to vanilla and nut.
Chaga is low in calories, very high in fiber and loaded with antioxidants
It really works wonders with the entire body, inside and outside. In terms of skincare, Chaga, with its antioxidant properties, helps to slow down the ageing process by protecting our cells from free radicals. That’s why we find a variety of creams containing Chaga as the benefits are endless.
To sum it up, Chaga helps us stay strong when stress in its many forms tries to get us down, so in a way, it really is a Magic Mushroom 😉
Find in Shop Section
Inspiration. I believe it is all down to the details, when a person has paid attention to small things and may think that no one will notice, but it is there, and you find inspiration from something like a candle in the bathroom, a bracelet that only shows a bit, or someone passing by with a particular scent.
What’s your take on inspiration?
What is glutathione? In short, it’s a very powerful antioxidant that the body (the liver) makes and uses every day, and can be found in every cell in the body. It’s made up of three types of molecules known as amino acids and benefits the skin by boosting overall health. Since it is an antioxidant, it neutralizes and eliminates the free radicals (unstable atoms) that damage the skin at the cellular level to cause ageing and discolouration. (therefor often used as as skin whitening).
Glutathione has many important health functions and benefits, for example:
- supporting immune function
- helping the liver and gallbladder deal with fats
- regenerating vitamins C and E
- anti-aging properties
- detoxifies the body
When we expose ourselves to certain factors such as stress, environmental toxins, poor nutrition and, well, age (kind of hard to escape) the level of glutathione is reduced. Which we simply don’t want.
If you want to add glutathione as a daily supplement you can always go for the capsules, however, there’s a more pleasant way to go about this. Supermood is providing us with the beauty of Dark Chocolate with Glutathione. Voila’! I think this is a brilliant idea, as this is way more exciting than capsules 🙂
Get yours from my shop or pop by my office in San Gwann if you happen to be in Malta!
“Anyone can get dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their days off that are the most intriguing. …” – Alexander Wang
One thing that always fascinates me, always have and always will, is when people make a daily effort to look their best; full blown make-up and heels even if it’s just a Tuesday at the office. In fact, when they attend a wedding or event, you don’t see much of a difference, they basically just look like themselves, all glammed up. Then we have the other type who show up at the office, the airport or at the supermarket in the middle of the week and wear nothing but tights, sneaks and no make-up, hair is up in a bun and casual is written all over them. Once they go out for a party or dinner though – they totally transform, and in your head you’re like, Oh. Ok.
I think I have to place myself somewhere in the middle 🙂 I rarely go out with no make-up at all, whatever occasion or day of the week – there’s always mascara and lipgloss, if nothing else. Then again I don’t wear a lot more when going out for dinners either. I guess the difference lies in the heels and accessories.
What’s your daily style? Do you dress differently if you have a day off, or office vs dinner party?
Hoops, heels and clutch any day of the week maybe.
This is what’s happening in my kitchen today. It’s still hot in Malta so summer salads are still a thing 😉
Halloumi & Watermelon salad
Wishing you a happy Friday x
If you like this print, take a look at some more options here.
Who can say no to a glass of bubbles 🙂
All you need is me – from True Organic of Sweden is a new, award winning favourite, ‘replacing’ the 8 hour cream from Elizabeth Arden. You can use it in a million ways, but so far I’m mainly using it to hydrate and add gloss to my lips, and also to put those small annoying fine baby hairs in place. It comes in 2 sizes (15 ml and 50 ml) so one can follow you around in your handbag and the other can stay at home as a back up 🙂
- Protects the skin against weather and wind
- Soothes red and irritated skin
- Makes the skin soft and supple
- Relieves minor sunburn
- Whitens and reduces age spots
- Hydrates dry skin
- Assists in minor scrapes
- Only a small amount is needed
It contains nothing but goodies, that’s why it’s a great replacement for other similar creams. Say hello to castor oil, beeswax, olive oil, shea butter, vitamin E and blueberry seed oil. That’s all.
New ideas. New goals. New job. New plan. F*ck it.
I’ve recently started using one of the emulsions in the picture; Kanebo Emulsion III Super Moist and I really love it. Although I have a bit of an issue with dehydrated skin from time to time and oil based products seem like the obvious go-to choice, this water based emulsion is definitely doing the work. The texture is super light and absorbs quickly, and hydrates like crazy! Honestly, I start off with 2-3 drops of Supermood Egoboost Moisture Kick Serum, then eye cream and then I add the emulsion. That’s it. I don’t need any other product on top (well, if I go out I use BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Gel (6.5) but that’s it)
The word emulsion can be confusing as there are so many names and terms in the beauty/skincare jungle, but simply put – an emulsion is water based which makes it less heavy than a cream. It’s suitable for people with dry skin as it is very hydrating, but works well with oily skin too (being water based). Emulsions are more lightweight than a moisturizer but still extremely hydrating to the skin, and it soothes dry patches while keeping sebum (oil) and acne in check. So, win-win for everyone 🙂
In the skincare routine, the Emulsion III Super Moist can be used to prep for other beauty products, but it’s all down to your skin type and what other products you use. In my routine I use; cleanser, toner, serum, eye cream and then the emulsion. I could add another cream but with this particular emulsion, it’s enough to hydrate.
Sensai Emulsion III Super Moist