Collagen is a protein that acts as a building block for healthy skin, bones, joints and connective tissues.
This is something our body makes on its own, but unfortunately production starts to slow down as early as in our 20’s. There’s also a loss of collagen with expose to smoking and UV light. Obviously we all want to remain strong and healthy for a lot longer than that, not to mention we all want glowing skin – so what can we do to help ourselves?
This is where the supplements come in handy. We can get collagen via foods, but it needs to be broken down by digestive enzymes, while the collagen in supplements has already been broken down, or hydrolyzed. That’s why it’s thought to be absorbed more efficiently than the collagen in foods.
What are the health benefits of collagen supplements?
- Healthy Skin – Collagen supplements help slow down the aging of your skin by reducing wrinkles and dryness and increasing skin elasticity.
- Promote heart health – Collagen provides structure to your arteries, the blood vessels that carry blood from your heart to the rest of your body.
- Prevents bone loss – Did you know that your bones are made up mostly of collagen? As we age, bone mass deteriorates, and may lead to conditions which puts us at a higher risk of bone fractures. Taking collagen supplements can help prevent this.
- Can increase muscle mass – it’s believed that collagen help stimulate the production of the proteins responsible for muscle growth.
- Promote joint health – It’s rich in amino acids that play an important role in the building of joint cartilage, and it may have anti-inflammatory effects.
Soon available from my shop – Supermood Collagen Chocolate